Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The crazy happenings in the Lawson household as of late...

I enjoyed writing my bullet form blog a few months ago, and lately my friend has been doing the same on her blog, and I've been liking it a lot.

So here's my newest version: the crazy happenings in the Lawson household as of late...

* I took care of not one, not two, but three 1-year olds for the better part of a day last week. It was BUSY, and CRAZY, but we all survived and no one got hurt. (score!)

* My dear husband decided to run 8K with me on the weekend. We had no baby (he was off at the grandparents) and Greg has been saying forever that "it can't be that hard". He finally took me up on the challenge and he survived! I can't believe he ran 8K, after not having ran seriously for decades. He was, however, a hurting unit and to this day is still complaining about his thighs burning. I think my moment of joy was when he looked at me and said "this is friggin' hard" and "I can't believe you're so comfortable on this run". Yessssss!

* Greg and I spent a part of our date night in Chapters on the weekend, and I had the time of my life. (I love books!) Greg, on the other hand, spent most of his time throwing a stuffed sheep at me and making annoying noises. Just when I thought I had a night without a baby...

* Asher has "graduated" from physiotherapy! He is doing so well, and has grown so much in such a short time, that the physiotherapist doesn't feel a need to see him anymore. So proud of my boy.

* The "zoo friends" and I continue to look like fools when we make our monkey noises every week at the gibbon's cage. It pretty much never fails though that we get Molly and Hoot to "sing" for us. I love the zoo!

* I got on one of my card rants last week and bought 8 Hallmark cards at once. If you receive a card from me in the near future, it is because I love you.

* Wednesday I start hill training as a part of my 10K clinic at The Running Room. I have to run up and down 3 hills consecutively, and then gradually build up to 6 hills over the next 4 weeks. I'm scared. (And I better have buns of steel after this is all said and done!)

* My husband has a surprise for me planned for Wednesday night and I can't wait!

6 comments:

Erin said...

ha ha ha oh that is funny that Greg ran with you. You should invite Jason next time :) I'm laughing just thinking about that.

The sheep was also hilarious as well. That is SOOOO Greg!

Hooray Asher! Yay God!

impressive, yet a little insane, about the 3 one year olds. Makes me take a very deep breath just thinking about it. Again, you rock!

Erin said...

wow who uses "also" and "as well" in the same sentence? Sheesh! Editor in chief you've got a lot of work to do!

mel said...

Jeepers, Erin, will anyone EVER beat you to the first comment on this blog? (^_^)

That is incredible that Greg actually ran 8K without training, but I would also get immense pleasure out of his suffering. Each complaint would go through a little translator in my ear.

"This is friggin' hard" = "You are a tank!"

"My thighs hurt" = "I am in awe of your amazingly superior fitness"

Nice to have the ego stroked every now and then, eh?

You'll ROCK the hills when it comes to them!

Erin said...

ha ha ha nope Mel... this is what happens when you're in another country, where you don't know a lot of people, and take a lot of study breaks :)

Greg (papa) said...

*The run was definitely an eye opener to just how far she's actually been running. Don't give me too much credit for doing it on the first try, I was all about the endurance running during summer training for speed skating for many years.

*I would throw the sheep over a book shelf to her in other isle where she was standing then come over and ask "did you count it"?
She didn't get what I meant the first few times until I asked how does she fall asleep?

Mandi said...

Greg - I got the sheep thing, dude, but I was practicing PLANNED IGNORING hoping you would stop! It didn't work.