Thursday, September 17, 2009

an update in photos

I just took a bunch of photos off of my camera (which feels like the never-ending task, by the way). Here's what you'd see we've been up to the past week or so, by the pictures we took.
We've gotten into this really nice routine of going outside as a family after supper to play together, or hang with our neighbors. Asher has been loving the slide these days, and one day last week he even got to play on one of the neighbors kid's ride-on toys.


Things with Marek around are actually going pretty great. We're still working out some kinks with nap time, but he and Asher are really enjoying each others company. Last week we did an errand to the grocery store since we got rained out from our zoo trip! We also did a trip to the local library, had snack in the library building, and tired the boys out enough with all of that to have them both pass out in the car!


And finally, we went to an outdoor wedding this past weekend for one of Greg's co-workers, and Greg snapped some pictures of Asher and I playing. I feel like I'm the one always taking the pictures, so it was nice to have some of Asher and I for a change!

5 comments:

Erin said...

ah I hate to tell you this but.... The one of you and the boys in the library, well you've got the typical Erin face from pictures going on. Oh ya, that's right... the one you always make fun of :P

Also the first one where you guys are playing brought tears to my eyes for some reason. It was just really beautiful motherly love I guess?!?!?! I don't know if that makes any sense.

Thanks for sharing!

Debie said...

That a great double stroller you have! So, when you go to the library, do you get to see Greg? My boys are always asking where Greg is, what door is his, what's he doing right now, what's his job?... That library is my second summer home. Not as frequent in the winter due to schedules, but a life-saver in the summer.

Love the pics all-round! You and Asher are adorable.

Hope Mother Goose goes well and is super fun for you. Asher has a great mommy to help him have so much fun with all of his different activities and friends. :o)

Mandi said...

Erin - my "Erin" face is because I'm trying to keep the kids from crying and running away on me, so I can still make fun of you, because you just do yours for no good reason!
Thanks for the lovely comment about the picture of Asher and I. I was really happy with that one, too!

Debie - I only wish the double stroller were mine. It's Diana's, Marek's mama. I get to use it, though, for when I have Marek. It's a sweet ride.

We do like the library, but the boys mostly wanted to run around and scream when they were there. It was a little loud, needless to say. Greg works on the second floor, very close to where you go to get on the pedway!

Thanks for all your positive encouragement... so sweet!

Rachel said...

Are you having an easier time than you thought with both boys or a harder time? It looks like they tired you out in the library.

Andrea said...

hey..i recognize that flower in your hair...looks nice. (at least i'm assuming it's the same one we had for sherisses wedding...Rachel has stolen mine and uses it on her denim dress and actualy looks great so i keep it on the dress cuz i love it!! Nice pics mandi..i know what you mean about not having pics of you and asher..i seem to always be the one behind the camera since andrew never thinks of it. This summer my neighbour has been asking to take pics of me and the girls and i love it!