Monday, June 14, 2010

weekly changes

This past week has been one of many changes in what our daily life looks like. Asher's gymnastics class ended 2 weeks ago, Kindermusik class ended this week, and I also finished up my 2 "working" days a week with taking care of little Marek. Now that his mom is home on maternity leave, she won't need regular care for him.

This process of changing from such a structured and schedule routine - something Asher and I both thrive in - to something more fluid has been sort of an adjustment. I felt a little anxious about that, and sad too, as I really loved our little weekly routine and especially because Asher loved having Marek here 2 days a week. The whole 10-months that I've cared for him have been so good for our family and so good for Asher. I've come to see Asher learn so much from their time together, and the special little friendship they have is priceless.

But this week I've also been reminded that, as with any door that closes, new opportunities are abundant as well. We have more time for many other things...

... trips to the zoo (sorry no pictures yet of that one!)

... play dates with friends (Marek is definitely not out of our life, thankfully!)


... time to play in the sand (or sandbox) and shovel


... time at the park and on the slide


... time to play together and just "be"


And you know, it's probably a good thing that we change our routine for the summer, because in a couple months from now, it's going to change in a big way all over again!


PS - all these changes inspired me to change up my blog layout too! I hope you like it!

4 comments:

mel said...

Your new blog look is so fresh and clean -- a perfect match for the page-turning time you've described!

AIM said...

LOVE the new blog layout. Very summer-y. Miss you guys! xo

mb said...

big thumbs up here. the layout reminds me of you

Mandi said...

Thanks ladies - I like the new design too. It's also super easy to change now that blogger has all these fun backgrounds - so expect to see more regular changes!