Tuesday, June 15, 2010

prenatal visit #5


Date: June 14, 2010 = 28.5 weeks pregnant

baby boo's heart rate = 155 bpm

weight = 166 lbs (Which is a 7 lb weight gain this month and 28 pounds to date. Ouch! I have no idea what is shakin' with all this weight gain but I'm not liking it)

blood pressure = 96/74 which is low, but that's my norm

urine = no issues

belly measurements =perfect


- the occasional braxton hicks contractions that I've been experiencing are normal. I had thought it was sort of early for that, but I guess not.

- my gestational diabetes screening test came back and my sugar level was 8.5, which is above normal. Yikes! That means I have to now go for a diabetes diagnosing test to see if I have this or not. The doctors think it's unlikely that I have it since I didn't with Asher, and I don't have any of the risk factors; my high numbers could just be something I ate the day I did the test. We can't rule it out though until I do the diagnostic testing. Awesome. One on hand, I really hope I don't have it for my and the baby's health obviously, and also because trying to follow the diet, especially as a vegetarian, would suck. On the other hand, having it would account for my weight gain, swelling, and fatigue. Either way, I have to drink double the amount of that gross orange drink and get my blood taken 3 times, at one hour intervals after drinking the drink. The kicker: I have to fast for this entire test. Shoot me now.

- I'm also thinking I should consume as much ice cream as humanly possible right now while I still can, in case I do have gestational diabetes. Anyone game for joining?

4 comments:

AIM said...

Ew. I so remember that disgusting orange drink ... !!! I'm in to be your ice cream partner, though. A little Stone Cold???? : )

Regardless of what you say about your weight gain, I think you look AMAZING, friend. xo

Mandi said...

Ingrid, did you say Stone Cold?!?!? I am GAME! When are you back from camping :)

Thanks for your love, by the way. Encouragement is always welcomed here, and you rock at giving it!

Andrea said...

i agree..weight gain or not you look fantastic!! i dont envy you on the orange drink!! I'm certainly not looking forward to that again! As for the Braxton Hicks i'm envious that you only are feeling a few..i've been getting them since 10 weeks pregnant with this one!!!!! I get this quite strong throughout the day, every single time i lie on my back and when i get walking too much. The midwife said that apparently i'm not having more than other pregnancies it just feel stronger with each pregnancy..yay me..i'm not looking forward to when it's my whole belly!! I hope the testing goes well for you and you don't have gestational diabetes!!!

have fun eating ice cream!!!

mel said...

Hello lovely -- you carry babies so beautifully, friend!

GUESS WHAT? At the Stirling's store on the Shediac Rd., ice cream is $1 PER SCOOP. We were passing by just before supper, but you know I filled my kids with ice cream anyway. (^_^) The moral of the story: there is no bad time for ice cream in this girl's books. Call me!