Thursday, October 29, 2009

my toddler bat

Today Asher turns 18-months old, which means that I can no longer deny that he is now a toddler. Some books start using the toddler term at age 12 months, and some at 18 months. So for the last 6 months, I went with calling Asher my baby; now he is my toddler!

Halloween is also coming up and we have had a few occasions this week to get some use out of Asher's bat costume. Last weekend we attended Boo at the Zoo with my "mom friends" (the term I use for my friends who are also mothers of wee ones). The husbands also came along, so this was a change, and a fun one at that. We were quite the rowdy crew, especially as we tried to get 4 "toddlers" to stand still for a picture! I think we had the cutest skunk, giraffe, lion and bat there! Although it rained and hailed for much of our time there, we still had fun.

And today we attended our Kindermusik class and mom group meet-up in costume. Asher still = the cutest bat alive and I wanted to just eat him up! (Why do we use this expression exactly when we think a baby or toddler is cute? Eat a kid? That's weird. And I'm not the only one because I also heard several moms also use it today!)


Did you know bats sucked their thumbs?!?! :)

4 comments:

Rachel said...

He is very cute! It seems like yesterday that you were telling everyone at the Pool that you were pregnant and now he's 18 months!

Aunt Ange said...

He is the cutest bat ever!!

Jenn said...

What a an adorable costume! I agree, it is very hard to let go of the 'baby' term. Really, they'll always be our babies...we just come to the point where we think it instead of say it out loud!

Greg (papa) said...

I like how Asher has the secondary thumb sucking reinforcement hand supporting the primary thumb sucking hand to maximize thumb sucking effectiveness.