Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My birthday recap

So last Friday was my big 29th birthday and it was a great birthday weekend!


Greg surprised me by taking my birthday off of work so I could be free of all mommy duties for the day. In the morning Greg took care of getting Asher ready and fed for the day, and I only had to worry about myself. Asher and I then went apple picking with some friends, and I left Greg to do some housework. When we arrived home, Greg then took care of feeding Asher and napping him while I took a nap of my own! After that I spent a few hours by myself in Chapters, sipping on a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks, and reading. It was glorious.


I arrived home just in time for supper, which was going to just be leftovers from the night before. We were supposed to go to my mom's, but she ended up being sick, so we couldn't make it. Greg said he was going to get my leftovers all ready for me. It was at this point that he started stalling. He offered to make me supper from scratch, then he started doing more little odds and ends jobs, and I could tell he was trying to kill time. Of course I couldn't just play along, but instead bugged him and bugged him, but he wouldn't cave and admit what was going on. He finally heated up my leftovers (just to shut me up, I'm sure), and as I was half way through them, our close friends arrived with pizza and cheesecake! This was a fun surprise because Erin was home just for the weekend from Virginia, and I got to spend my birthday with her and Jason.




Other birthday highlights included:

- sleeping in both days on the weekend

- my favorite Indian food restaurant on Saturday night, with a super great friend date while Greg stayed home with Asher

- games night with friends Saturday night

- a birthday run (you know I have a problem when I want to run on my birthday!)

- lots and lots of lovely gifts and birthday wishes from friends and family (everyone is just too sweet). Now I get to go shopping!

- laughing at Greg who forgot to wrap my gift, so instead threw it in his duffel bag and gave it to me that way (can't complain, he did do so much to make my day special!)



So here I am, 29 and feeling fine!



Thanks everyone for making by 29th birthday awesome!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Hooray 29!!! I'm thankful we got to surprise you, even though you were catching on. However it was no 29 cheeseball that's for sure :)

Glad you had a great birthday weekend. It was an added bonus to my already exciting trip home!

I need to invest in an EMU sweatshirt and ditch the STU one....

Debie said...

I'm so glad that you were "treated" very well! I'm glad you had a rocking birthday weekend!

EMU--funny.