Sunday, October 11, 2009

grateful

There are many things to be grateful "for" but, as I ripen with the seasons of life, the many reasons blend into a sacred mystery. And, most deeply, I realize that living gratefully is its own blessing.
Michael Mahoney

As I reflect on Thanksgiving, and all the things and people I am grateful for, it would be so easy to write a list and leave it at that. But I don't want my gratefulness to be something that springs up every now and then, or something I remember to do at a particular "season" of the year. I hope to recognize and acknowledge my gratitude every day, no matter what circumstances I find myself in, and live life out of this heart.

Wishing you thanksgiving today, and all year through!

3 comments:

mel said...

Thanks for sharing your reflections, Mandi. May your gratefulness carry on and on!

PS - I'm grateful for YOU!

Erin said...

I love you...I think I may cry when I see you in 6 days since this made me teary!!!!! Is that co-dependent :) ha ha ha

Awesome thoughts! You know being away from home on Thanksgiving has been harder than I thought...funny the things you take for granted!

Mandi said...

Thanks for your lovin's, friends. I love you both so very much and am ever so grateful for your friendships. :)