Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Vocabulary of a 16-month old

Asher is constantly amazing Greg and I with the new words he is saying. It's crazy how his language is really taking off! I wanted to make a list of his vocabulary to date to remember, so here it is, the words Asher says at 16 months old:

"Mama"

"Papa"

"hi-eee" for hi

"hewwo" for hello when he sees a phone

"yo" for yo (we were getting tired of hearing hi-eee a million times a day, so we had to teach him another greeting)

"peek" or "boo" for peek-a-boo

"baw" for ball

"booh" for book

"mowh" for milk

"ju" for juice

"ow-oh" for olive

"heees" for cheese

"nana" for banana

"nac" for snack

"doh" for dog

"duc" for duck

"uppie" for up

"dow" for down

"aww doh" for all done

"no" (self-explanatory!)

"nose" for nose

"betty" for belly

"eahr" for ear

"bubbo" for bubble

"bebe" for baby

"uh-oh" for when he drops something

"noh noh" for knock knock

"dohr" for door

"shus" for shoes

"naah naah" every time he sees a truck (I think he is trying to make a truck noise)

(It's hard to try to write them how he says them, but that's my closest guess.)


Asher also repeats a million other words, even complicated ones, like blueberry, waffle, buffalo, cracker, cereal, and Jesus. I haven't counted these as words yet because he only repeats them, he doesn't initiate them on his own yet like he does with the first words I listed.


And I just love his little voice too, it's so cute!

2 comments:

Erin said...

hmmmm I think you're making some of these up and just interpreting him :) ha ha ha just kidding. Very cute! At this rate he'll be in a spelling bee by the time I see him again!

Auntie Ange said...

you are forgetting "aunie" which I interpret for "auntie" even though he says it all the time for no reason! lol.. but I am going to believe he is saying "auntie"!