Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Time = 33:25

I completed my second 5K race this past weekend as my "graduation race" for the 5K clinic that I just completed. I regularly run more than 5K now that I'm training for a 10K, but for some reason, I found this run difficult. Maybe it's because it was in the morning, and I never run as well in the morning, or maybe it was because there was one mother of a hill on this trail, or maybe it was just a mental thing, knowing I was in a race. Despite that fact, I still kicked the butt out of my old time from my first ever 5K race, by shaving off over 4 minutes, and coming in at 33:25. That's a lot of time when you're running! I'm very proud at having gotten stronger over these past few months, and I hope to keep getting faster too.

Here's some pictures of the day that Greg took:

Running with some of my 5K buddies, coming into the home stretch.

Trying to give it my all for those last few hundred meters and, after seeing this picture, realizing my form isn't in top notch at this point.

Checking out my time of 33:25 as I crossed the finish line.

My ultimate running buddy and I after the race. Runs always go so much quicker when she's around for me to talk to!


And lastly, Asher apparently is aspiring to the day he'll cross the finish line on his 5K too!

4 comments:

Greg (papa) said...

Asher's form looks a little off too. :)

Great job babe, it was a fun for us to be at the finish line waiting for ya!

Jenn said...

Way to go Mandi! That is awesome! It must be so encouraging to feel such progress in a short period of time. LOVE the picture of Asher running- very cute!

Erin said...

ha ha ha I love the pic of Asher, that's great!

You rock my dear! Glad you found somethin you enjoy so much.

Erin said...

whoops forget the "g" on my something, see I'm picking up the southern accent even in my typing :)