Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Season's Pass

A couple weeks ago we bought a season's pass to our local zoo. Asher is free since he's under 3 years old, so we only had to buy one adult season's pass, and it pays for itself after 4 trips. So far we've been 3 times. And since we live so close (like 2 minutes drive), I don't feel guilty for going and only staying for an hour. And let's be honest, the boy still naps twice a day, most days, so we really couldn't stay all that long anyways.


It's been fun. Asher is very interested in the animals, and he usually points and says "Ohhh" when he sees them. He's been most excited over the squirrel monkey's so far, since they are really active and was pretty surprised when he heard the sheep "baa-ing" this morning. It's cute!


He is also very interested in the local elementary school children we've seen and spends half his time staring at them (since it's end of the school year, I think it's field trip time). I should have just walked up to our local school, and the boy would have been just as happy, I think. Oh well, atleast the zoo is entertaining for me too (I really like the lions)!




2 comments:

Debie said...

Are the new lion cubs on display now?
When Aidan was 2, we did the same thing, and went lots! So fun! Mac has not been as fortuate...second child syndrome. :o( Less time, less money.

Mandi said...

The new lion cubs, Azizi and Amara, are on display now. In fact, that's a picture of them right there in my post! They aren't as little as I imagined a "cub" would be. The zoo keeper told us that the male, Azizi, who is 16 months old, is as big as the old adult male lion they used to have was. You should go see them. I'm IN LOVE with the lions :)