Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Discovery Boys

Last week I bought a sand and water table for Asher off of Kijiji and this weekend we got it all set up on the back deck for him to play with. On Saturday he spent OVER AN HOUR very interested and involved in playing with this thing (miracle toy, I tell you, miracle toy). I was amazed that a little 13-month old could have that much fun for that long. He enjoyed discovering and exploring and gave himself a lovely reminder of what sand tastes like :) Take a look at these pictures (I especially love the "splash series"... those faces are so Asher!)(Also, see what I mean about the splashing! This is what happens at our swimming lesson every week).


In addition to that boy discovering sand and water, the big boy of the house made another discovery about the broken stroller (this is sooo Greg).




Geez, a girl can't get away with anything in this house!


Those are my boys: observers, analyzers, discoverers, and I love them for it!

3 comments:

Debie said...

That's what she said!!!!

hahahaha!...Greg's video!!

Greg (papa) said...

I think we need to invest in some trucks for that sand table. Can't have too many trucks! :)

See, clearly with that video you can see the deep, passionate, personal communication bond Mandi and I have in our marriage. See how Mandi hangs on to every word in complete awe of me? I like how the wind drowns out a key part of my loooonnnnngg explanation and Mandi responses with her classic just-pretend-I'm-interested' "uh-huh..." comment. :) And to think I thought she was recording my explanation for future reference of the problem with the stroller.

danette said...

BABY FEET. Little bit of heaven right there on your deck.