Sunday, May 24, 2009

And this is why I cook at our house.

You remember my Valentine's Day present, right? Where I get to pick one special thing every 2 weeks for Greg to do for me? Well this time for my special treat, I asked Greg to make supper for our family one night (I normally make supper, and you will see why). We picked last Saturday for him to do this, so he wouldn't have to get home after work and rush to get supper ready. Here's what happened.

Last week as I was getting groceries I asked Greg if there was anything he needed me to pick up for his supper. I normally plan my meals so I know I have what I need to make what I want. He said no.

Saturday comes and we had a busy morning and early afternoon, but were home for the day around 3:30. Greg had also bought a new lawn mower on Saturday because our old one broke, so he decided that this would be a good time to put it together. We normally eat supper between 5 and 5:30, and for those of you with little ones, you know, babies need to eat or else they get cranky.

I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story.


Prepackaged heaven. It was nice to not have to cook or plan or think about supper for one night (even though I did still have to feed Asher since my lovely husband was so late. Oh, and I wouldn't have fed him that crap anyways).

Greg's only worry is that since he did such a good job, he knew I'd ask him to do it again. And he was serious (and I was secretly laughing when he said that).

The end.

6 comments:

rachel said...

Well at least he made the plates look artistic! What are those roll things?

erin said...

ha ha ha that was so funny! Oh I love the Lawson household and its adventures!

mb said...

this is the best thing I have ever seen. thanks for sharing it and making my day!!!!

mom said...

I think it was a good effort , even if it was late, and the plates were very colourful

mel said...

Wow. That is... splendid. (^_^)

PS - Don't you love how when you have a blog you start evaluating your life in terms of whether or not events are blog-worthy and photo-documenting them just in case they are?

Debie said...

Mandi, I'm actually impressed. Sometimes I don't get supper out until an hour past, too. My family is patient. Greg can cook for me anytime. :o) Oh, he gets 5 out of 5 stars for creativity in presentation. Taste? You'll have to decide how many stars that gets. :o)