Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Will the pictures make up for the fact that I've been a negligent blogger?

Hi friends! I haven't posted in a while, I know. We've had a lot going on! Here's why:

Asher and I travelled the 6.5 hour drive (it's more like 5 hours without a baby) to visit family a couple of weeks ago. Luckily my mom accompanied me, or I wouldn't have survived! Asher did not do so well in the car, not napping at all on the drive down (unless you count falling asleep 10 minutes before we arrive a nap). He had a difficult time settling in for the night and even woke up one night (something that hasn't happened in like 6 months, except for the one time he was sick). He did get to catch up with some pretty cool people though, check it out!

My dad (aka "Pops"):
His Great-Nanny M:

My cousin Erica (aka the world's best babysitter - if only she lived here!):


His Great-Nanny A:


His cousin Brody:


During said vacation Asher also tried chocolate cake for the first time (thanks to my Nanny who snuck him a bite when I wasn't looking), figured out how to get the circle block into his shape sorter, and got a wicked pair of DC sneakers (that are just a tad too big for him, but we're hoping to wear them soon anyways).

I promise more regular posts to come, I just had to get the "where the heck have you been?" one done first!

3 comments:

rachel said...

How did he react to the cake?

debie said...

caaakkkeee!

Mandi said...

Cake: he just sort of took the bite and that was it. He wasn't screaming for more, but he wasn't refusing it either!