Friday, March 27, 2009

A new adventure for me




I signed up for a Learn to Run Clinic through our local Running Room! I'm very excited! I start next week and apparently by the end of the 10-week clinic, I'm going to be able to run for 20 minutes. I'm not entirely sure how that is going to happen because right now I can probably only run for 2 minutes before I'd be ready to pass out, but I'm excited to work towards it.

I'm really nervous about doing this, but running is something I've always wanted to do and, I think, something I will enjoy. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

mel said...

Yay! You're really doing it! That's great, Mandi. You'll have to pass along all your running tips to the rest of us sloths.

Danette said...

Good for you Mandi, Brea did a similar program at school, only the final goal was 26 minutes. She sucked wind for the first couple of weeks until her body got into the routine, but she ended up really enjoying it. And it got her in fighting form for Basketball season. Good luck, I look forward to hearing about all the ups and downs.

Andrea said...

good for you Mandi!!