Thursday, April 16, 2009

crawling, Asher style

A lot of people have been asking me lately how Asher is doing with crawling. I guess on my little hiatus, I forgot to tell you all about his bum scoot. A day or two after Asher started doing the army crawl, he started doing a version of this bum scoot. Over the weeks he has certainly perfected it, and uses it all the time (read: the kid does not sit still!). Although he has a little trouble on carpet, I think he is a lot more content to be able to get around on his own now. I'm glad he found his own way of "crawling", and I think it's super cute. Check it out!

5 comments:

Jenn said...

He sure is scooting along quickly now- must be hard to keep up with him when he is on the move like that. So adorable!

Danette said...

My very good friend,s Grandson, Kaleb does this very same sort of scoot. He will be 1 in a couple of weeks and just doesn't like to do things the conventional way. Perhaps this is how we all should have been doing things. Mandi..I think you see where I am going with this...blame your elders for encouraging conformity when you were a child for the current state of your knees today. Asher and Kaleb may just be on to something.

Trina said...

That is so funny Mandi Breanna never crawled either. She would sit on her bum with one leg bent in front of her and the other in back. And boy did she ever crawl. LOL

Nana said...

It makes my heart smile when I see him crawl like that, He is so cute, Before you know it he will be running and you won't me able to keep up.

Mandi said...

Thanks for the encouragement, ladies. I've heard many a people say that they've seen babies crawl like this. Apparently it is an officially recognized form of crawling. And Danette, I agree with you, the boys knees will be glad he did it this way!