Tuesday, April 21, 2009

my observational senses have come back to life!

A few observational updates about what's been going on in our world:

~ I love many fruits, but some of them I cannot have for breakfast and some of them I only like to eat at breakfast. Grapes, those are NOT a breakfast fruit. Neither are watermelon, or apples really. Bananas though, they totally go with breakfast.

~ I hurt my knee a week ago during a practice run for my new Learn to Run clinic adventure. It sucked and I was in pain most of last week. I took the week off to rest my knee so it could heal and oddly enough, I've missed running! I saw my doctor yesterday and he thinks it was probably just a sprain. I'm going back for my first run tonight and I'm nervous that a) I will hurt my knee again or b) that I won't be able to keep up with the clinic program now that I've missed a week. This could be interesting.

~ Asher is totally encouraging the "boy-ness" in me, or what little there is atleast. Lately I've loved being outside with him blowing bubbles, playing on the swings and pushing him around in the wagon. We haven't reached the interest in bugs phase yet, and I'm not sure how I'll handle that, but all this outside-ness is growing on me. Baby steps.

~ It sucks when your baby has a fever. Asher is teething, I'm sure of it, and has had a moderate fever for just over a day now. Poor guy.

~ I'm actually really excited that in May I will be taking care of a little girl part-time in my home who is just 4 days older than Asher. So basically, it'll be like having twins for the month. I'm sure it will be a juggle to figure out how to manage both of them, and our first practice day is tomorrow, but I'm excited about the challenge! I'm hoping that this experience is not intended to prepare me for anything in the future (why on earth did I ever think I wanted twins?)

No comments: