Tuesday, January 13, 2009

12 events in the Lawson Family Christmas

I know that Christmas is over and done for another year, but I promised more info to all you readers on how our Christmas was here with Asher. It's not quite as catchy as the original, but here's our version of the 12 events in the Lawson Family Christmas.

12 hours of labour cleaning, cooking, and preparing our house. We had to finally start our baby proofing process since so many little ones were here on Christmas Day.

11 million cut up carrot pieces in Oprah's favorite stuffing recipe, which, I'll have you know, sucked out royally. Good thing my mom brought back up stuffing... I'm beginning to think she didn't trust me to deliver on the stuffing.

10 pounds of peeled potatoes by my husband. Thank God Greg had a lot of practice in his younger years on this one.

9 little presents in Asher's stocking. Seriously. I don't even know how many more were under the tree for him.

8 is the only line I couldn't remember from the original 12 days of Christmas. It's 8 maids-a-milking, for the record.

7 drawers to open in my new totally amazing jewelry box that Greg got me for Christmas. There's also a million little cubes inside the drawers. It's super huge and super awesome and totally holds all my goods. I love it!

6:30 wake up on Christmas morning by Mr. Asher. He never gets up this early. I think he sensed the excitement in the air!

5 kids under age 4 at my house on Christmas Day. Seriously. Hence the baby proofing that needed to happen. No more kids allowed in the Lawson family for a few years!

4 borrowed chairs in addition to all the chairs in my house to seat our 15 guests for Christmas Dinner.

3 hours of crying, and only 60 seconds of it was done by me. The rest? An overtired, overstimulated little boy on Christmas night.

2 bodily fluid accidents on my floor in the span of an hour, and neither of them done by my son.

All of this for Baby's 1st Christmas! One, I'm sure, that we'll never forget.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:o) 'big smile' Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha that was great, even when I had already heard most of it, it was still fun to read in this creative way!

I totally forgot to talk to you about the stuffing! Lindsay and I made this as well on Christmas Day and it did suck big time eh? We were all disappointed with this recipe! Friggin' Oprah :)

Next time I'm at your place I'm checking out your jewelry box to see how you organized yours. Wasn't it fun!