Tuesday, September 23, 2008

snips and snails and rat tails???

Asher was born with a very peculiar appendage. Nothing gaspingly awkward or weird, but interesting nonetheless. And since his birth, I've been debating what to do with it. Check it out.



Yes, that folks is a bonafide rat tail. My son was born with a natural rat tail! Isn't that crazy? Most days I think I should cut it off and most days (OK, every day) Greg thinks we should keep it. I know the 80's are in, but seriously, rat tails?!?! I haven't seen anyone walking around sporting one of these yet (or atleast not anyone I'd like my son to look like).

So friends, I'd like your input on this one. Do you think we should cut off Asher's rat tail, or keep it? Please cast your vote on the little pole on the sidebar (you don't even have to leave your name... but if you'd like to give your reasoning why, feel free to leave a comment). I'm going to leave the poll open until Thursday at noon.

7 comments:

Laura said...

Mandi, although rat tails are out, and SO 80"s, Asher looks cute with it. I would put it in a baby pony tail and that may veer Greg in the "cut it off" direction. I would keep it! LOL!

Anonymous said...

It's cool!! Who do you know that can naturally grow one?? Exactly!
We should keep it cause it's his part of his natural cute'ness.
I mean how do we know if maybe the rest of his hair depends on it? We cut it off and suddenly his hair falls out....and then he goes crossed eyed. Ok maybe the crossed eyed is far fetched but the rest of his hair still could fall out ya know! : )

So I say: "think for details; vote for rat tails"!

Anonymous said...

Okay, Greg, if you will grow a rat tail to go with Asher's then I will vote to keep it, but if not, then I'm voting to get rid of it, the poor kid is going to be very upset that you guys made him sport one of those someday!

Anonymous said...

he is very cute but rat tails are... well '80's. i think you should cut it, then you could put it in a ziplock bag and save it in his baby book.

Anonymous said...

OK, so I have to leave a comment on this one! The rat tail is part of Asher and who he is. I don't think I would let it grow down to his knees and use it as a belt or anything like that.. but for now it's cute.

Anonymous said...

I think it's interesting and unique. So I'm going with Greg on this one (there is that what I was supposed to say? when do I get the money again? ahhhh I mean....).

Funny thing that I've noticed is that it's the only place that Asher's hair is still dark brown as well. It seems to surround the whole rat tail. I love it :)

Anonymous said...

Dave says "if he grows up and chooses the 'rat tail' lifestyle, fine! We will all support him with the lifestyle of his choice, but at this age he is not able to make that decision for himself. Should he grow up and choose against it, he may have bad feelings about his oppressive childhood."

Thanks,