Friday, September 26, 2008

Chicken

Chicken, yup, that's me. I can't do it! I can't cut Asher's rat tail off! I was so eager and wanting to do it, and then most of you started voting in my favor (thanks for all your input, by the way) and I thought it would be a done deal.

And then it came time to actually cut it off, and the thought of it made me want to cry! Seriously cry people. What is up with that? I think that even though the idea of a rat tail is sort of cheesy (OK, really cheesy), it's kind of cute that Asher has a natural little baby one. It's such a part of him, and I don't think I'm ready to part with it yet.

So even though I know that 66% of you will look at my son and dislike his rat tail (and even though I still feel the same way most days) I can't bring myself to get rid of it. Oh dear. I hope every decision I have to make in parenting won't be this complicated!

2 comments:

mel said...

At least this complicated, my friend!

Anonymous said...

i will NEVER dislike asher because of his rat tail! he's just too cute!