Monday, September 22, 2008

a few observations

*I really like walking outside in the fall. I love that I don't have to wear a coat, the sunshine still warms my skin, and the air feels crisp and fresh when I breath it in.

* My birthday is 24 days away! Greg is already in panic mode.

* The White Mocha from Second Cup is possibly the best coffee in the world. So good that I am almost tempted to bundle my son up and drive the 15 minutes each way every day just to get a taste of that white chocolate and espresso heavenly mixture.

* Asher is really cute in jeans.

* Asher half rolled over this weekend. Literally. As in, he was on his stomach and flipped the top half of him around so that his head and shoulders were facing up but his legs were still stuck the other way. No matter how much coaxing we did, he couldn't figure out how to get his legs over.

* Asher is starting to get a little strange around other people. This weekend when we dropped him off at my mom's for the afternoon, he would only stop crying when I held him and he stared at my parents with a look of equal parts heartbreak and fear-of-impending-doom. I guess I should be happy that he is securely attached to me, but man, it makes leaving hard!

* Every time Asher sleeps through the night, he also has a diaper blow-out. Why don't they make overnight diapers for babies where the back flap goes up to their neck or something? Because seriously I am not going to wake up in the middle of the night to change my son! Actually, maybe more of a full body diaper contraption would work best, because sometimes those leaks can spring from any which place.

* I saw a bottle last week in a store of "doe-in-heat deer urine". I'm not kidding. Deer urine. And from a doe in heat, at that. Whose job is it to collect that stuff anyways? It apparently attracts bucks during hunting season. I almost thought of buying a bottle for my father-in-law and then I realized that, hello, he is a hunter so he probably already stock piles this stuff in his garage or something. Oh, and buying it would have meant I actually would have had to touch the bottle. As if!

* Buying that 5lb box of chocolate truffles from Costco was such a bad idea. I guess I'm about to start walking a lot more this fall!

3 comments:

mel said...

First order of business: where the heck WERE you that stocked deer urine?

Secondly: Asher is cute in all clothing; separation anxiety bites; yay for humorous half roll! (Did you get a picture?); diaper blowouts... ewwwwww...

Thirdly: Alright, I'll sacrifice myself for you. You know my address... should I expect the truffles by regular post or courier?

Mandi said...

Mel, the funny thing is, I was just walking through Wal-mart when I saw the deer urine. Weird huh? And as for the truffles, you just may be getting some, friend!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.. I live right next door and could use some truffles!! lol
Seriously, get the deer urine for George for Christmas, lol, never heard him talk about it so maybe he doesn't have it, and even if he does.. its just funny!