Monday, September 29, 2008

observations from the past week

* Nursing your baby inside your own car at a local park while a class of middle schoolers congregates directly outside your vehicle for a school-wide sporting event is a little awkward. OK, a lot awkward. A lot.

* Watching Asher roll over twice this weekend gave me as much pride as I imagine winning a gold medal would.

* On Second Cup's website, the aforementioned "best coffee in the world" is spelled White Mocha, while on the menu board at the store it is spelled White Mocca. Strange. And me knowing this has nothing to do with how often I've been there this week. Nothing.

* Somehow losing the use of your pinky finger makes the rest of your hand functionally useless as well. I know this because of an incident with a can of tomatoes that led to a pretty nasty cut, and a trip to the emergency room at our city's hospital after 4 hours of non-stop bleeding. Now I get to sport a trendy pinky finger cast of sorts until tomorrow. The good news is the triage nurse who works at the city hospital is an angel. Oh this deserves it's own point...

* The triage nurse who works at the city hospital is an angel. She took care of my gaping wound at the triage station so that I wouldn't have to wait the 7 hours to see a doctor about it. Although there were no stitches, this process did include lots of blood dripping incessantly into a sink, a little pain, some skin glue (who knew) and me almost passing out (nice one, Mandi, nice one).

* Asher is really into babbling away these days. It's the thing all the cool 5-month old babies are doing (how in the heck did Asher get to be 5-months old?!?!?).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

which hand is it on? right or left? i can't believe asher is 5 months old!

Anonymous said...

I love your observations...these are becoming my favorite posts. Congratualations, Mommy, for having a rolling-over baby! And, the babbling...awesome!! You may not realize how wonderful that sound is, and what it represents. What a beautiful sound...enjoy!

Mandi said...

Rachel - it's my right hand, and unfortunately I'm right-handed!

Deb - I'm liking my observations too! I think I may make it a Monday ritual. And I agree, Asher's babbling is the sweetest sound in the whole wide world to me. I will enjoy it! :) Thanks for reminding me to keep that in perspective.