Friday, August 8, 2008

We're totally going back...

Yesterday Asher and I checked out a super-cool program called Reel Babies at our local movie theatre. It rocked! Essentially once a month they play a movie during the morning and parents can go and bring their babies. It was so cool! There was a swing, rocking chair, bouncy chair, exercauser, play mat, and change table set up all around the movie theatre. They left the lights on dim and adjusted the volume so we could hear around the crying babies. And I was so pleased that Asher wasn't the loudest baby there! Not even close. Maybe that's because he essentially slept through the whole thing, but still, it was so very good for me to see other crying babies. It's not just Asher!

I was also surprised at the turn out; I'd say there were at least 60 moms and their babies there, and a few dads too. And guess what movie we saw?!?!



Oh Mamma Mia! I think Asher will look back and be proud that the first movie he ever went to in a theatre was a musical, don't you? :)


I also realized yesterday that Asher and his new friend had a few things in common.



Pretty cute, huh?

3 comments:

mel said...

Yeah baby! Musicals all the way! :)

Glad it was an enjoyable experience.

Anonymous said...

That's good to know!

Anonymous said...

Scott and I used to take Mac with us when he was small...but into the night shows. His last movie was 'Million Dollar Baby'...it had baby in the title, so I was sure it was for my $1,000,000 BABY, right? :o)