Saturday, August 9, 2008

Eat, Pray, Love


I am so ridiculously excited to talk about this book tomorrow at book club!



Basically the author, after a divorce and serious depression, takes a year to travel to Italy, India, and Indonesia on her search for pleasure, faith, and life balance. It's a wickedly interesting memoir of her experiences and journey as she discovers the truth for her life for herself.



Gilbert is a kickin' writer, with tons of courage, who's not afraid to take risks. I admire her willingness to truly and relentlessly search and fight to find joy, truth, and peace. It's perhaps that admiration, combined with the fact that I am so insanely interested in travel and other cultures, that made this book one of my favorites an a long time.



You should totally check it out!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this was a great book. i read it in April and fell in love with it. have fun discussing it at your bookclub!

Anonymous said...

So i'm not a big reader at all..but a friend gave this one to me and I can't put it down. It's so amazing and I really only just started it but can't wait every night to pick it up...and that's big for me!!! Hope your book club talk was great...
Tan

Mandi said...

Hey girlies, that rocks that you're both into this book too! It is a great read.