Thursday, August 7, 2008

"The places you'll go, the people you'll meet!"

So getting back to that trip. The biggest highlight was all the very important people that got to meet Asher for the first time. Here's his great-nanny Mansfield:


And his "pops" (that's my dad) who managed to entertain Asher with this new feature, the "spider", on his bouncy chair:


His cousin Erica and great aunt Lee. I've found a handful of great babysitters in this bunch. If only they didn't live 5 hours away!



And with their help, Asher managed to FINALLY catch hold of those toys with his hands. It's a move he's been practicing ever since!

His cousin Brody, who's just 3 weeks younger than him:


And with the birthday girl, his great-nanny Anderson:


Oh and then there's also Nanny's 11 children, 22 grandchildren and 11 great-grandchildren, plus their spouses and kids! Too many people!

And here's more of the birthday girl herself. Happy 80th birthday Nanny!



A few reunion pictures of Asher and I:


And some pictures of the trip home:


Totally fun!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's very cool to see some pics of your dad, now I see where all those beautiful curls come from!

I love love love the pics of the drive home. Asher just looks so happy and of course cute! Hmmm maybe it's because of the fabulous outfit he's wearing ;)

glad you had a good time!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great trip. The pics of little Asher with your family are very cute. Isn't it just great to introduce him to everyone. I loved that part when Jacob was small, still love it today. You want to share a bit of him with everyone :)

Take Care!

Mandi said...

Erin - my curls and Asher's definately come from my dad. I also think the outfit contributed to the cuteness factor of Asher on the drive home! :)

Kyla - it's so true, I was so very excited to show Asher off to my family. I felt so proud of him! It's funny that you felt the same way. :)