Monday, August 20, 2012

I'm glad I didn't miss that!

Asher is my brain child.  He is the boy who loves to read and do puzzles and understand how things work.  He loves to learn.  He does not love sports.  This story is a perfect illustration of Asher's personality. 

Lately, for some reason, Asher has been trying to understand the earth.  One day last week he, seemingly out of the blue, repeatedly asked me questions like, "Are we in the earth or on the earth, Mama?", "What else is on the earth?", "Is the ocean on the earth?", and "What's under the ground?"  It was fun to have these little conversations and to see Asher trying to make sense of the information I was giving him.  He asked questions like this on and off for a couple of days.

One night last week at Asher's soccer lesson, which he is really not a fan of, he runs off the soccer field and over to me.  In a hushed voice, but also full of curiosity and desperation for my answer, Asher asks me "Mama, are clouds on the earth too?"

I love seeing my boys personality unfold and come to life.  Observing Asher run away from the soccer field, and seeing him trying to understand and make sense of a bigger picture idea when he was supposed to be playing soccer, is just sooo Asher!!!

And boy I'm glad I didn't miss that!



2 comments:

E said...

That is so awesome. :) I hope he keeps that sense of wonder. :)

erin said...

Aw I loved that. And yet again your blog brought tears to my eyes... too cute!