Thursday, January 5, 2012

Thankful Thursday

I think I make it pretty well known that I love the beach.  It is the one place I feel the most calm, at peace, and connected to God's Spirit.  On facebook the other day I saw this article someone had linked of a dude who takes super magnified pictures of sand.  Check them out!

Magnified:The grains are shown to be delicate, colourful structures each as unique as a snowflake.


Colourful: The miniature particles are exposed as fragments of crystals, spiral fragments of shells and crumbs of volcanic rock.


Incredible: To think we are walking on 'these tiny treasures'


Isn't that amazing?  To know that sand is actually little pieces of whatever it broke off of - be that shell, crystal, or volcanic rock - each one unique.  It amazes me and is just another reason why I love the beach!  I'm so very thankful I live within driving distance, and already can't wait until next summer.

No comments: