Thursday, October 27, 2011

Thankful Thursday





I had heard of Pinterest in the past, but I just finally started my account this week and I am hooked!  Dude, this site rocks!  Basically it's an online site that let's you file, organize, and share anything you find on the web, or on other people's pinterest boards.  I can't tell you how many times I've found a recipe online, or an activity I wanted to do with the kids, and then couldn't find it again later when I needed it.

Not anymore, folks.  Not anymore.

This week I have spent way too much of my free time looking at other people's pinterest boards and pinning my favorite ideas to my board.  It's so exciting!  So far I have 13 boards, or different categories, with 162 pins, or ideas, and I'm just getting started.  There is soooo much out there on the web and it's fine to find exciting ideas. 

Like this?  Totally pinterest.


And just yesterday Asher worked for quite some time on this Montessori style activity, again a pinterest find:



I feel like pinterest has awakened this little creative junkie inside me.  It's sooo fun for me to plan and do learning and fun activities for the boys.  I got very excited tonight when I found a Cars preschool pack with a bunch of different Cars themed learning games in it.  There's also million of ideas for do-it-yourself crafts and projects that I've just barely started to explore.  Let's just say don't be surprised if you get a homemade Christmas gift from me this year :) 

So thankful for pinterest this week.  I've felt motivated, inspired, creative, curious, and have been having fun!

So check it out for yourself!  Here's a link to MY pinterest board (for those pinterest peeps out there, remember, I'm just getting started!) But while you're there look around, and see what else you may like. 

Follow Me on Pinterest


** You need an invitation to join pinterest.  You can request one on the website, or I can send you one if you'd like.  Just ask :)

3 comments:

AIM said...

I'm totally addicted to this site as well! Before I know it, I've been pinning for an hour! CRAZY!!!!

erin said...

Ohhhh I'm so thankful you're tapping in to this side of you again buddy! I am not that type of person, but super appreciate that you are! I look forward to my creative Mandi Christmas present :) Oh wait are there recipes on there because that could be bad for this cooking/baking junkie!

mb said...

pick me! invite me!