Thursday, October 6, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I've been trying to help my family focus on the idea of expressing thankfulness, especially since it's almost Thanksgiving.  This year I decided to make our first Family Thankfulness Tree.  I cut out ions of little leaves, painted a tree (with Asher's help), and every day we've been adding new things that we're thankful for.  Each item we write on a new leaf, and place it on the tree.  Here is our Family Thankfulness Tree so far, and I hope to keep adding to it all fall.




"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows"  James 1:17

3 comments:

erin said...

very cool, I love it! And I'm happy to read that Asher is peeing on the potty regularly, thanks for the update on that Greg :)

Jenn said...

We have one of these on the go this week too, although yours is much more sophisticated looking...Josiah had a great hand in colouring and cutting ours!

Greg (Papa) said...

I think this is a cool idea. Just need to figure out how to get the tree to send me email reminders to add something to it regularily.

Erin, it gets better. Keep looking through it, I give thanks to a new electronic companion of mine too. :)