Saturday, October 15, 2011

only one Mama


I always say to Asher, when I'm running around trying to meet the needs of 2 boys, "I'm only one Mama!".  Sometimes I'll ask him about this when I'm working on something and he needs me - and he definitely knows the answer.


Last night as I was getting Asher ready for bed, he was being the rambunctious little boy that he is, and was play fighting with me, swatting at my face.  I told him I didn't like that and asked him to stop.  When he continued, I told him that he needed to be kind and gentle with me because "you only have one Mama, Asher".


Asher's response:
"No, Papa's my Mama, too!"


I couldn't help but laugh at that one.  I guess our roles are a little sketchy to him.  He often will say "I need a big person to come get me!".  Mama, Papa, whatever... it's all the same to him right now.  I guess I need to teach him the word parent, that may help clear this up.


But I'm really glad I didn't miss that one!

1 comment:

erin said...

Ha ha ha that is awesome! And he has Greg pegged doesn't he :P Greg you best start working on some more manly things with the boy ha ha