Monday, October 24, 2011

Family Pumpkins

Welcome to our house!  We decorated pumpkins this week, can you tell whose is whose??


Here's some photos of the process, and the answer:




Levi not too happy with the painting because I wouldn't let him put it in his mouth


Who says the paint needs to stay on the pumpkin??




Greg was pretty serious about this activity


Greg's finished product.  Do you know what it is?


Greg's inspiration, his Blackberry.  Are you surprised?


Whoo, whoo, whoo do you think did this beautiful owl?  It was me :)


Asher's masterpiece


Me being creative with my painting


Our pumpkins drying



It was interesting how each of our approaches to decorating our pumpkin really highlighted our personality. 

Asher picked his favorite colors, stayed focused for quite some time, painted everywhere with no real plan, of course added a few stickers to the mix, and then moved on to other things.

I did things that I thought would look pretty, or because I liked them.  I did have a bit of a plan in place, but not too much of one, and I just went with the process.  Since I couldn't decide on just one idea, I had to decorate 2 pumpkins.

Greg was very methodical and perfectionistic about it.  He drew an outline on paper first, cut out a template, and tried different coloring methods before getting the one he liked.  He was very technical in his approach and focused and worked very deliberately until his logo was just the way it was supposed to be.  It made me laugh.

And that is our family, and our pumpkins, who match our personalities perfectly!  Hopefully next year we'll get to include Levi in the process, and he won't want to just eat the paint :)

2 comments:

erin said...

Love it!!! Very fun!!!

And this is why I pull in some type of creative expressive/modality every time I do a one on one session. So important to be able to get to know people, get them to know themselves, and be able to touch places that words just could not get them too.

Super cool idea... poor Levi :( Should have given him some pudding or something instead ha ha

erin said...

PS: LOVE the owl, super creative! And Greg, I enjoy you so much... your pumpkin is sooooo you... missing you guys!!!!