Thursday, September 8, 2011

Thankful Thursday

This week, school started, and Asher returned to "Roxy's school".  I've been so nervous about him returning, thinking about how he'll do, and what challenges we may have.  Will he have pee accidents there?  Will he listen?  How will he feel about the new teachers and children in his class?  Also, a part of me has been sad to let him go in this little way again.  We've had a great summer together and I think I'll miss him when he's gone.

He has been so excited to return, though, and that has made this transition easier.  Here he is getting ready to head out the door for his first morning back.


And here he is at preschool with one of his little friends who is also returning from last year.


Asher was a little shy when I dropped him off, especially around the new teacher, but he wasn't sad when I left.  Today was also his first time in big boy underwear at preschool. 

When I returned to pick him up (3 hours later) the teachers said he had a fabulous day!  He didn't pee on the potty, but he didn't have any accidents either.  He was one of the only kids who actually sat during circle time, and there were no problems to report.  He was happily playing in the sand box raking when I picked him up, and he told me he didn't want to come home.

I'm so glad that he is well-behaved at preschool, and that he did so great today with the potty business.  I'm thankful that the preschool is so close to home, that he likes his teachers and friends there, and that I get to have some one-on-one time with Levi in my week (Asher gets lots of one-on-one time during Levi's morning naps). 

And even though this little letting go is hard, I know it's good for him, and for me. 

Roxy's school, I think we're both thankful for that one!

1 comment:

Greg (papa) said...

Sorry Asher for what Mama did to your hair on your first day back.
Just tell the kids the truth that mama did it to you. :)
Glad your day still turned out well!