Thursday, June 9, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful for...

... Asher going to preschool so I could have a nap with Levi this morning after his 5:30 AM wake up.

... lunch with a friend.

... boiled eggs on toast (I had a craving).

... some quiet time during the boys afternoon naps.

... sunshine-y afternoons when I can work in the house with the windows open.

... my mom getting off early to come spend some of the afternoon outdoors with us.

... finally getting my garden plot dug up.

... Asher's delight in the simple things.  His joy and laughter when playing with the hose today was priceless.

... lazy summer afternoon walks.

... that Asher ate sweet potatoes at supper time.

... that Levi eats basically whatever weird combination of food I puree together for him (tonight it was whole wheat pasta, black beans, tomatoes, and sweet potatoes).

... my mom putting the boys to bed tonight - she rocks.

... strawberries being $2.99 for a 2lb box at Costco.

... sleeping with the windows open.

... connecting with a friend.

... end of day showers when I can clean all the sunscreen off and go to bed feeling fresh.

... and I can't forget this one, my husband bringing me home ice cream earlier this week because he knew I had a rough day (it involved a suppository for Asher).

1 comment:

mel said...

Thankful along with you, friend, for these blessings! When you share the good things happening in your life, it spreads gratitude to my heart, too. (^_^)