Monday, June 13, 2011

I'm glad I didn't miss that!

I was wearing Levi on my chest in a baby carrier at church on Sunday.  He was facing inward, with his chest against mine, looking off to the side at a friend who was saying hi to him.  He's such a happy, social baby, and when my friend started talking to him, he smiled.

I know because I felt it.

His whole body lit up.  His posture changed, his head bent towards her, his chest opened up, and he reached for her.  I felt his energy and love filling up and pouring out of his little body.  I felt a change in him.  I knew he had his big smile plastered across his face - and he did.


Little Levi - your smile not only lights up your face, but you put your whole being into it.  It's amazing and I'm so blessed to get to witness it dozens of times a day.  I hope you know that when you smile, it lights up my soul too.

3 comments:

erin said...

wow you sure know how to make a girl tear up :) I can't wait to see that smile in person!

mel said...

This makes me smile, too!

E said...

So cute. Your heart must just swell. :)