Sunday, April 3, 2011

24 hours...

... is exactly how long I was gone on my "vacation" for. During that time I...


... travelled through a brutal storm and did some slip-slidding in my car on a side street to get to my B&B.

... watched 2 chick flicks, You Again and Back-up Plan.

... had one embarrassing moment where other B&B guests overheard a sex scene in aforementioned chick flick and was rather mortified.

... laid around and didn't move.

... slept THROUGH the night, woke up in the morning, pumped, read, and WENT BACK to sleep.

... had a bubble bath in a double whirlpool tub.

... read, and NOT about potty training, sleep training, or child development.

... had room service.

... texted with my husband too much (it was hard to entirely disconnect). Thankfully he spared me the full details of all the challenges so I wouldn't worry.

... didn't have to change a diaper, clean up a pee accident, wipe any one's nose, pick up a toy, get up in the middle of the night, or answer any one's demands. DREAM!

... got my hair cut.

... felt relaxed.

... came home to 3 boys who were very happy to see me.

... upon returning home heard out of Asher's mouth "Mama you were on vacation and you came back!", and out of Greg's mouth "That was friggin' hard, I don't know how you do it!". Both of those comments were music to my ears!

... missed my family like crazy.

... was glad to have some much needed time to myself, and was reminded that this is important for my well-being as a person and as a mother.

... returned a happier, and more patient person.


Thank you to my family for giving me this amazing treat - so when can we book the next one? :)

5 comments:

erin said...

....next stop Virginia?!?!?! :)

Hooray for rest, relaxation, and rejuvenation!

Rachel said...

I'm glad you got to rest!

erin said...

PS - it's 26 here today...just sayin' :)

Jenn said...

Sounds amazing! So glad you got this chance.

Andrea Cook said...

glad you had a good time...now when is Greg's turn??