Friday, February 18, 2011

Lately I have been...

... making homemade baby food.

... enjoying watching Levi as he tastes new things. So far I'd say peas are one of his favorites; beef on the other hand (which I did not make, for the record) did not go over so well. I'm secretly happy about this one.

... dealing with a fussy baby who has just not quite been himself. I blame teething.

... only getting up once a night, somewhere between 3 and 4 AM, with the Levster. This is good.

... reading Asher's new Tonka phonics books over and over and over and over again.

... sad to leave my boy at preschool because for some reason he has started being sad when I leave! He did great for the first month, and now, out of the blue, he's been crying. It's so hard to leave like this, even though I know I need to.

... continuing on with the potty training journey. Asher has great days, and then days with many accidents. Two steps forward, one step back is how we roll I guess. As I think about this, I realize that this whole process has been so Asher. New things are always hard for him.

... so grateful for my mom. She has been coming over every second Wednesday to give the boys supper and put them to bed while Greg and I go out. It's a sweet deal all around. Asher asks for her to come back the next morning.

... feeling like something is so "right" about this journey my church is on now that our current pastor has resigned. We are growing in good ways, but will miss my pastoral family dearly.

... thinking a lot about children and church; how do we welcome them? Read some thought-provoking articles in Faith Today on this.

... lighting a candle every day when I'm praying for some big things. It's helped me to focus, tune in, and listen to my heart, and has been a good tool for me to use.

... feeling anxiety about my upcoming journey with taking care of 2 other children, 2 days a week. I've done this before, and I know the first few weeks will be tough, but I'm confident that I'll figure it out. Until I start, the anxiety is there though.

... looking forward to U2 this summer!!!

... tired.

... running a few times a week.

... enjoying Steven Tyler on American Idol.

2 comments:

erin said...

love these updates....never a dull moment in your world huh? :) So excited for you that you're going to U2...you're going love it! You reminded me about American Idol.. now I'm going to try to figure out how to squeeze that sucker into my schedule. Thankful for you!

E said...

I never thought about lighting a candle in my prayer time. What a great idea, I think I will have to try it.