Thursday, January 6, 2011

Thankful Thursday

This week I am thankful for...


... surviving solo with 2 wee ones while Greg is back to work

... those of you who checked in with me, and prayed for me, about this specific issue (I needed, and felt, your love)

... the lovely relationship that blossomed between Greg and Asher during Greg's paternity leave (it was lovely before paternity leave, but really grew during that time). I bore witness to that especially this week when Asher repeatedly has asked for Greg or hollered for Greg to come help him, or to play with something, forgetting that "Papa" is back to work

... getting out successfully to the grocery store with both kids by myself (no small feat!)

... leftovers (supper time is a DISASTER here)

... Greg's texts of encouragement during said disaster supper time

... that both of my kids are napping at the same time in the afternoon, which gives me an hour to myself. Glorious!

... my "mom friends" who are home during the day and who walk this journey with me. I'm so lucky to get to have companions during this wonderful/difficult phase of my life who "get it". You keep me sane

... Greg's advice to help motivate me to run; if I want to watch TV, I have to run on the treadmill while doing it. And it happened this week!

... coffee in the morning

... my Kobo, oh how I love thee

... the feeling of being so "into" a book that I just can't wait to get back to it, and I don't want to put it down, ever

... my mom, and her willingness to care for my children, and by doing that, she is caring for me

... this week when Asher said, "Mama, I love your hugs"

... a serious reduction in the occurrence of my reoccurring blocked milk duct. I'm hesitant to say it's entirely gone, but maybe, just maybe...

... some time with my lovely friend who is home for the week from her studies

... the anticipation of going out to one of my favorite restaurants tonight - yum!

1 comment:

erin said...

I'm super thankful for some of he same things you are dear friend! Glad you're surviving the days, and hooray for a free hour in the afternoon! You're a trooper, I have no idea how you do it. Being home with a dog this one day has been enough for me :) Praying for the supper insanity to come to a hault!