Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Prenatal visit #11



Date: August 24, 2010 = 38.5 weeks pregnant (I will be 39 weeks on Thursday)

baby boo's heart rate = 138 bpm

weight = 180.4 lbs (I didn't even gain 1 ounce this week - sweet!)

blood pressure = normal

urine = no issues

belly measurements = on target


- My doctor did an internal exam - my first one - and discovered that I am 2.5 cm dilated. I was so excited to hear this news! It doesn't necessarily mean the baby is coming any sooner, but atleast I'm part of the way there. Awesome.

- She also "stripped my membranes" which just means that she ran her finger around the inside of my cervix to loosen the bag of waters and hopefully stimulate labour. If this is going to get labour moving, it will happen within 24-48 hours. No guarantees though.

- I have been feeling pressure and cramping on and off all day, so I'm hoping this is a good sign!

- The baby's head is still quite low and he is in position to come out.

- It's a full moon TODAY - this can only work in my favor!

- My doctor is on call tonight so I really want this to happen now!

- All I want to do is cuddle Asher and cherish this time with just him. I know he will always be my baby, but it's so weird to think that I will have another. I don't know how I could possibly contain enough love in my heart for 2 children because I think I'm already full with love for Asher!

- I hope the next time I post it's with more exciting news! Stay tuned...

4 comments:

AIM said...

Good luck, my friend! We're rooting for you over here (despite the fact that my guess wasn't until next week).

xo!

Nikki said...

Good luck! We'll be praying for you! And I've heard the effects of the full moon are strongest on the three days before and after the full moon, so don't give up hope if it doesn't happen tonight!

erin said...

YAY....can't wait...so excited for you!! Keep the updates coming.... praying it happens ASAP...don't forget the other thing that Carla told you you needed to do ;) love you!

andrea said...

sounds like you had a great appointment today!! Getting your membranes stripped certainly isn't the most comfortable thing that's for sure! Hope it helps kick start things!!!!