Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Prenatal visit #6


Date: June 28, 2010 = 30.5 weeks pregnant

baby boo's heart rate = 145 bpm

weight = 168.8 lbs

blood pressure = 92/68 (or something like that - still low)

urine = no issues

belly measurements = 29 cm (pretty much exactly where I should be)


- my crazy swollen ankles are just par for the course, especially with a summer pregnancy. Awesome.

- double check: totally clear on my diabetes test

- the baby is already head down! He could still flip around with me being only 30 weeks, but the chances are slim now that he's in the right position.

- discussed the benefits and protocols for umbilical cord blood banking. It seems like such an important and good thing to do, but dude, it's expensive. Around $1000 start-up cost (which you can pay over several payments) plus another $150 or so annually to store the cord blood. Not sure if we will swing it or not, but I think it would be great if we could. A bonus that I learned today is that the stem cells from the cord blood can be used on other family members, including Asher, which means I don't need to feel bad if we do it for this baby and hadn't done it for him.

- My appointments will now be every 2 weeks, so expect more regular belly shots!

3 comments:

erin said...

hey just flipped through your 6 prenatal visit pictures..it was fun to see the changes! Looking hot mama!!!

Mandi said...

Looking "hot" huh? That's because I'm sweating my a$$ off here! :)

mel said...

Hot indeed!

I totally didn't know that banking the cord blood cost anything. They push it so much that it seemed to me to be part of the hospital system. I guess I didn't get to find out the shocking cost since it wasn't an option for us, what with the crazy blood stuff. So ... did you make a decision?