Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!


Happy Mother's Day to all the mother's out there (and mother's-to-be!). I hope your day was great.

This was my 3rd Mother's Day and for a gift I received french toast and strawberries made by my boys. I also got to sleep in BOTH mornings this weekend. Heaven.

My big gift, though, is still to come. Next Wednesday Greg is taking the WHOLE DAY off work for me to have the day to myself to do what I want. Sweet! Here's what I have dreamed up so far:

- sleep in (which, by my standards, is 8AM)
- go read at Chapter's with a yummy Starbucks in hand
- have lunch with a friend (any friends out there looking for a lunch date next Wednesday? Huh, huh, huh?)
- have Greg do some cleaning while I'm out
- have Greg prepare supper

I think that sounds pretty sweet so far, don't you? I'm curious though, is there anything you think I should add to my day off? Although flying to Paris, or a shopping trip to Ikea, or a whole spa day would be great, it has to be budget conscious. I'd love your thoughts; I still have a whole week to keep dreaming up ideas!

What would you do if you had a whole day off to spend however you'd like?

6 comments:

Greg (papa) said...

Contractual obligations stipulate under section 3/9 the prohibited use of any counsel from outside parties resulting in profitable contract amendments for the beneficiary.

mel said...

Ooh, ooh, pick me! I want to do luch! (Provided I don't have a job by then.) How about making it a road trip to Sackville or something?

AIM said...

Personally, I would want some time alone at home. When I try to find things to do on my own in the city, it always ends up costing me money. LOL

So kick them out for part of the day. Make Greg figure out something to do instead of worrying yourself about what to do. If you're anything like me, you'll get bored and come home early. And that defeats the purpose! So sleep in late. Have a long hot bath. Read a book or a magazine. Paint your toes (while you still can lol). Nap. Do whatever. Then just before they come home for lunch and Asher's nap, head out to lunch with a friend and continue on with the rest of your list ...

Kudos on Greg for a wonderful Mother's Day gift. Enjoy! xo

AIM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AIM said...

PS the deleted comment was mine. I somehow posted twice. Sorry!

Erin said...

ha ha ha Greg....

hmmmm I think you need to get out of the house...sorry AIM...otherwise some of the important things you want to get done won't happen (ie-Greg cleaning and cooking)..oh and since greg has "contract amendments" I hope you do as well that state Sidekicks are not allowed to be a part of the supper menu :)

Afternoon road trip with a good bud sounds good....perhaps you and Mel could go walk the dunes in Bouctouche or something since I know how much you LOVE the beach... although it's probably still a bit chilly up there....better yet tell Judi you're coming over for lunch and then it's free...ha ha ha

Whatever you decide ENJOY...very cool gift Greg!