Thursday, May 6, 2010

2nd birthday recap

In order to celebrate Asher's 2nd birthday, as many of you know, we and most of his grandparents, bought him a train table. The boy LOVES trains (and trucks, tractors, cars, airplanes, motorbikes, etc.) We purchased the table when it was on sale about a month ago, but saved putting it together until the night before Asher's family birthday pizza party.

There were quite a lot of pieces...


So my help was enlisted. I put together 2 drawers, and other small parts, all by myself. I was quite proud.

In the end, we had our table!


And neither of us could wait for Asher to see it! But first, we had our family celebration and pizza party. This required the traditional birthday cake and singing of "Happy Birthday";


Which I wanted to do over and over again because Asher always got this cute little look on his face whenever we did. It's like he knew it was a special day for him and was tickled pink about it!


Of course you saw the train table reveal video already, but needless to say, the boy loved it! He wants to go downstairs all the time to play with it, and we basically had to tear him away kicking and screaming the night of his party.


He did stop long enough for 1 family photo atleast;

And he does share the trains as well (most of the time)!


Saturday morning brought us the friend birthday party! 10 kids, plus their parents, led to a pretty jam packed house.


We did a little train activity that I had planned in advance - painting wooden trains! I thought I might be crazy for getting 10 kids to do this, but it went surprisingly well. And that's a good thing because yours truly here glued all those little wooden trains together herself.


We opened presents (read: I opened presents) and Asher has been having a blast playing with his new "stuff" ever since.


And we did the requisite cake and singing of "Happy Birthday", which I was happy to do knowing that that little smile was on it's way!

The boy loves his cake, I can tell you that much!


It was a great way to celebrate Asher's 2nd birthday; good food, family and friends. Happy birthday my precious boy!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Very cool! Sounds like a lot of fun...

Cake looks awesome...since I know you didn't make it (ha ha), where did you get it from?

"Boy loves his cake"=trait from Papa :)