Monday, April 26, 2010

boy builders

Maybe it sounds kind of silly, but a part of me always wondered what sorts of activities Greg and Asher would bond over.


When I think of father - son relationships, as stereotypical as it is, my mind goes to sports for some reason.


Or cars. And that's just really not Greg.


Well, when I woke up from my much needed nap this weekend, I realized I need not worry about this question.


In addition to music, it seems Greg and Asher have a lot of things that they like to do together!


And it makes perfect sense when I think about the guys in my life;



building! They both love building!


Engineering - how things work - this makes perfect sense!



There's a lot of details involved in such work,


but of course half the fun is wrecking what you made anyways!


As long as you're having fun together, whatever you may be doing,


that's all that matters anyway!


PS - I also caught these boys wearing rubber boots and playing in the mud this weekend!

4 comments:

mel said...

A fun glimpse into how the father-son thing works at your house. Thanks!

Erin said...

way to bring out the inner child Lawson...I saw it in a few pics... Beautiful!

Love the one of them with the cars by their mouths....

AIM said...

I dunno ... Greg appears to be having more fun than Asher is!!! : ) Love the Daddy/child bonding stuff. Doesn't it just make you love your hubby even more???

Mandi said...

Thanks girls... it was a super fun way to wake up.

And Ingrid, it so makes me love Greg even more. I told him that like 5 times that day - seeing him as a father is beautiful! A whole other side of him that I get to admire :)