Tuesday, March 2, 2010

a little language love

Remember how a few weeks ago I expressed that Asher was saying a lot of single words, but not many 2-word sentences? Well this kids brain must be in rapid fire language learning mode because over the last couple weeks alone he has been throwing out the 2-word sentences like there's no tomorrow. I took a few moments to write down some of the ones I've heard just this past weekend, and I wanted to share them with you. Here they are:


"Mama goes"

"read book"

"Asher's car"

"Papa work"

"Papa's shovel"

"excited pancakes"

"clean up blocks"

"bye poop"

"want juice"

"more fish"

"cookies all gone"

"sleeves up"

"shoes on"

"other one ball"

"uh oh broke"


And also while we're on the language band wagon, Asher said something really cute this weekend. I often say to him "Asher I have something to tell you" or "Asher I have a secret" and that thing is always "I love you!". He sometimes will repeat "love you" after me, but this weekend I said my little preface; "Asher I have a secret" and Asher responded with "love you!" Awwww, melt my heart little boy, I do love you. So very, very much.

3 comments:

MB said...

enough with the crying moments!!!

Please note: second comment in 2 days....and you owe me 50 cents

Mandi said...

MB - I know, I know, it's too much.

Thanks for the comments - but I never agreed to the 50 cent deal! :P

Debie said...

language communication is wonderful! enjoy...