Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

I hope love was in the air for you all this weekend friends! Greg and I got to enjoy a night off while Asher was with my mom, and it was great.

In addition, my love surprised me with these flowers.


He had them delivered to the house this weekend as he and Asher were out together. When they got home, Asher noticed the flowers right away. I tried to tell him in a way he could understand that "Papa got Mama flowers" (he knows all those words). No sooner did I say that did Asher turn to Greg and say, "kind?" Melt my heart, I could have died in that moment, it was so sweet! We have been talking a lot at home about being kind - mostly as it pertains to sharing with Marek and friends - and also about being patient and helpful. I have heard Asher use these words on numerous occasions as he tries to understand what they mean, but it still blows me away when he is able to apply the idea to a new situation. I think he is actually starting to get it; how cool is that?!?!

And speaking of Valentine's Day surprises, Asher got one of his own. His Nana gave him this monkey as a gift, and he has not let go since he laid eyes on him. He especially likes to lay him down for a nap and give him hugs and kisses. Here's some pictures of him doing just that - too cute!


Now if only I could get Asher to give me even 1/10 of as many hugs and kisses as that monkey gets we'd be all set!

(PS - If you think my boy looks tired in these pictures, that's because he is. He decided that Sunday morning should start at 4AM for the day. 4AM!?!? That's still the middle of the night. Crazy kid. I'm just hoping it's not the start of another ear infection.)

4 comments:

Erin said...

just going to rub it in my face that I'm 19 hours away from my husband for V-day huh? Nice! ha ha ha kidding...

I think the 4 am thing is a good idea that Asher is coming up with. Just think about how much you can get done in the day if you get up that early :)

VERY CUTE about Asher saying "kind". Can't wait to see him...and you and Greg of course... soon!

mom said...

Glad Asher enjoyed his gift, It looked like the same one(Gorilla) in the book that he likes so much.

Your flowers are beautiful. Enjoy.

Greg (papa) said...

A rare victory in my attempt to surprise my wife without her either being suspicious of an impending surprise or flat out finding out prematurely. Of course this win was not without typical uphill efforts including calling the flower shop twice to move the scheduled delivery time due to "complications"!

mel said...

"Kind?" Ack! Cuteness overload! I can't wait to come and observe him -- we have to set that up, eh? That is very cool to see him connecting abstract concepts to real-life situations.

And Erin -- 4am with a toddler definitely does NOT equal getting more done, just less sleep!