Monday, January 26, 2009

7 things

I've been noticing a trend lately on some of the blogs I read. The authors post 7 things about themselves that you may not know. I liked the idea, and thought I'd do it too. So here are my 7 things you may not know...



* My reoccurring bad dream is of losing my teeth. Usually my front ones and I'm always mortified when it happens. I have this dream probably once a month.


* I can't sleep if my feet are cold. I just can't do it. This means that I often wear socks to bed and then wake up in the middle of the night and take my socks off because I hate the feeling of wearing socks to bed.


* When ever I need to use my alarm clock to wake up in the morning, I have to check it, and re-check it a dozen times. Some people (and by some people I really mean my husband) may call this compulsive. I, on the other hand, like to think of it as thorough.


* Whenever I find a new recipe that I really like a lot, I want it all the time. So I make it all the time. And then I get sick of it. And that sucks because I actually really like the recipe!


* I'm a seasonal bather. Not that I don't clean myself; I do shower every day, but I only like to take baths if it's cold out.


* I really like the idea of magazines, but not the actual magazines themselves. A little bit of info on a topic that you can read about every month - sounds perfect! The trouble is, I just never seem to get to reading them. And when I do read them, I find them really surface-y and want more info.


* I have issues with the phone. Mainly, I feel really awkward on it and I hate calling people. I have to talk myself up to ordering pizza. I know, it's weird. Just know that if ever you're on the phone with me and I'm awkward, it's just me.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We actually have more in common than I thought. I too have to wear socks to bed and wake up in the middle of the night to wiggle them off. But seriously who CAN sleep with cold feet. I also have a reocurring dream that I am lost. I'm not really sure where the dream takes place mostly because I am lost.. go figure. The recipe thing.. it's hard not to have too much of a good thing.
I did enjoy reading about your little quirks.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing...I need warm feet, too. Sometimes socks, but I love a hot water bottle, too. And, yes, they make me way too hot later on, but what 'cha gonna do? :o)

Nikki said...

I have the same phone issues. I still have to get James to call and make appointments for me!

Anonymous said...

I would never have guessed the phone thing. You must hide it well!

Anonymous said...

They say girls are like their mothers, I have the sock issue also and always take them off during the night, and try to find them the next morning when I make the bed, When you get older you will find that you will be taking off layers of clothing, because your so warm, I also only take baths in the winter, i think that is fairly normal. I dont't know about the dream, sounds knidly of crazy, what do you think it means?
I"m learning lots of new things abour you since you started this blog.
LOve Mom

Mandi said...

Thanks for sharing girls. Glad I'm not the only one out there with all these quirks! It seems like many of us sleep with our socks off and then wiggle them off in the middle of the night!