Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Summer spinach salad

I love eating fresh salads in the summer. So refreshing and cool and tasty, and often we can get some good local produce around here, which makes it even better. For some reason local strawberries just taste way better than imported ones!

I thought I'd share one of my favorite salad dressing recipes with you to try out with your own local strawberries, if you get them.

1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup oil (I use olive)
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp paprika
3 tsp poppy seeds
1/2 onion diced (I never put this in)

Mix it all together and pour over spinach and strawberries. SO TASTY!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lipton SideKicks:

-throw the pasta in a bowel
-throw it in the microwave for however long you find the first "minutes" labeled number on the front of the package
-throw in the milk and powdered stuff
-eat the whole thing in under five minutes.

MMmmmm, a great year'round snack...

Available choices: http://www.sidekicks.ca/productPasta.aspx

Mandi said...

Ok there wise guy, that's NOT funny!

Anonymous said...

hahaha yeah it is~!!!!!

Erin said...

Mandi thanks for posting this. I have to go to a family potluck today and couldn't figure out what to bring. However I've got spinach, strawberries and all the dressing stuff so I'm set. I can't wait to try it!!!!!

Greg you're too funny!