Thursday, September 22, 2011

Thankful Thursday


Confession - I've been going to a Zumba class the past few weeks.  It started out as being pretty brutal and I couldn't follow many of the moves.  I did have a lot of fun that first class though so I decided to keep going.

I'm 4 classes in and now I'm really having fun.  I'm catching on the the moves (the instructor even mentioned that I was learning fast - sweet!) and I'm sweating like a maniac.  I'm thankful for this.


It's fun to sweat again, even in the awkward places.

It's fun to get lost in a song and forget your exercising. 

It's fun to dance to really loud music.

I feel good after I've done a class.

Just the simple fact that I've started exercising again has made me more conscious of what, and how much, I'm eating.


I guess the next thing for me is a belly dance skirt - I really want one.  I think that means I'm on my way to being a Zumba freak, and I kinda like it  :)

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I have a "belly dance skirt" that I'm currently not using if you want to borrow it. It's red.

erin said...

Zumba class freak/ running freak/ you're just an exercise freak :)

Proud of you! I've had Zumba classes included in my gym membership for 3 months now and haven't mustered up the guts to go. I think I need to do it though, I heard it's an amazing workout!

E said...

I'm supposed to start next week, a beginners class. I was supposed to start this past Sunday, but I was sick. So hopefully I'll love it as much as you do. :)