Thursday, August 18, 2011

Thankful Thursday - summer vacation 2011 edition

So many things to be thankful for this week, where do I start?

... for reading by myself on the beach in the morning while drinking coffee (this literally may be my idea of heaven on earth)

... for long evening walks and talks on the beach with my husband

... for my mother for taking care of the boys overnight so Greg and I could have an evening to ourselves

... for Asher saying "It's so nice to see you, Mama" when he saw me for the first time after his sleepover with Nana

... for swimming in the ocean (and for there being no jellyfish!)

... for sunny, beach filled days where at the end of the day we get to clean out sandy bums and put tired, happy boys to bed

... for Asher and Levi sleeping in the same room at night, and it going well

... laughing at Levi tasting sand (over and over and over again)

... listening to Asher say "Oh wow, it's a wonderful surprise - the beach" the first time he went there, and for him continuing to call it "the wonderful beach" each time we go there

... watching Asher run full force to jump and walk and splash and play at the waters edge

... laughing at Asher as he fell in the ocean face first in his completely dry clothes because he was so excited to play in the water

... our new back pack style beach chairs

... that Greg fixed our beach umbrella before our vacation

... the beach being literally a 2 minute walk from our trailer

... watching clams burrow their way in the sand - those guys are fast

... sipping wine and playing cards with my husband in the evening

... sea salt breezes and salty lips

... reading Secret Daughter in a couple of days - oh my that was a good read

... heading to the beach on a rainy afternoon in our rubber boots and having THE time of our lives

... buying a new Thomas the train book/activity set for Asher for said rainy day in the trailer - life saver!

... Greg agreeing to be on dish duty this week

... Greg letting me sleep in one morning and making breakfast for us

... for the connection I feel to The Big Guy whenever I'm near the ocean

... for watching the pattern of the tides - I love high and low tides for entirely different reasons

... for vacation, time away from our responsibilities, and time to reconnect with family - we really are so blessed!

2 comments:

erin said...

awwww glad you're having such a great time friend! I love how much you love the beach! Whenever I think of the beach you always come to mind because of this. So thankful for all the fun you're having, and all the special reconnect times. Hooray vacations!!!!

mel said...

Awesome awesome AWESOME! Sounds like you're really recalibrating, refueling, refreshing. So glad you get to do this ... the alone times, the couple times, the family times, all of it! Be blessed and drink deep, friend.