Thursday, July 7, 2011

Thankful Thursday

It's 9:54 Wednesday evening as I sit down to write this post (I usually do Wordless Wednesday and Thankful Thursday posts the night before).  It's been a long day, and I'm tired, but expressing gratitude is something I just need to do in life.

Today I dressed the boys and brushed teeth, made 3 beds, fed myself and 2 boys 3 meals, nursed Levi 4 times, weeded the garden, watered our new maple tree (which isn't doing so hot), cleaned up a few pee accidents, changed 3 poopy diapers and a few pee filled ones too, bring Asher to the potty, got the boys to nap when they were supposed to, took the boys to a Mother Goose class, ran an errand, cooked supper, cleaned up toys, tried to help Levi to practice crawling, took Asher to swimming lesson, bathed Asher and myself after said swimming lesson, made a grocery list, got groceries and put them away, did a load of laundry, swept the floor and did a spot mop.

But it was a good day because in between all of that I got to...

... hear Asher laugh out loud at the "High five.  Up high.  Down low.  Too slow" thing (and probably heard him laugh out loud at this about 25 times today)

... was the recipient of dozens of Levi's big happy smiles, which is enough to brighten any one's day!

... wear sunglasses and feel the warm sun on my face.

... read outside by myself for half an hour during the boys afternoon naps.

... provide loving discipline.

... talk to McQueen, Mater, Holly, Finn McMissile, and Francesco.  Yip, that's just the kind of house I live in.

... give Asher a piggy back ride.

... cuddle Levi as I nursed him and sing to him at bedtime.

... chase Asher around the mini-barn outside.

... tell Asher that "I won't let you go, I've got you" a dozen times in the big pool and splash with him in the small pool at swimming.

... hear Asher spell his name out loud without help for our Mother Goose class.

... wear shorts.

... finish the day by eating a bowl of ice cream and recognizing just how lucky of a girl I am :)

2 comments:

mel said...

(^_^)

E said...

What a wonderful day you had! :)