Thursday, June 23, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Yesterday was Asher's last day of preschool for the summer.  He has had a lot of fun there this year, I know, and I'm just really glad he was able to attend.

Today he received a class picture, and has been looking at it and talking about it all day.  He has said about it "these are all my friends" and then named off each one, "there's the truck!", and "Ruby is my favorite".  Yes, Ruby, a girl, who he apparently likes a lot.  Didn't expect this to happen so soon!

I'm so thankful for the friendships he has formed there, for the teachers investment in him, and for the new things he has learned.  As a parent it's easy to question if we're always making the "right" decisions for our children.  The decision to send Asher to preschool 2 mornings a week I know was the "right" decision for him and our family.

Some memorable moments from preschool this year;

"Mama you always come back, right?" is what Asher said basically every day I dropped him off for about 3 months.
"Thank you God for Roxy" is what Asher prayed sometimes at night after he's been to preschool for the morning.  Roxy is one of his teachers.
The days of the week songs that have come into our house from preschool.  Asher has sung these many, many times.
"Mama it's February".  I had never spoken to him about months of the year before...
Asher gets right in my face after I put his indoor sneakers on and says "bye Mama" before he eagerly runs off to play.  It's as if he knows he has to say bye but he's trying to get it done as quickly as possible so he can go do what he wants to do.  Too funny!

And now I'm just thankful to have the summer with my boys all to myself!  So many fun things to do and see... :)

2 comments:

E said...

Love the "Bye Mama" and then runs off to play. LOL so typically boy. :) I am glad you will get some great time with just your boys this summer, you deserve it. :)

erin said...

Uhhhh I keep checking here for a Cars 2 update... HOW WAS IT???? Been thinking about you guys!!!