Sunday, June 19, 2011

I want to say something...

... but I don't really know what.  My life really is more than the Wordless Wednesday's and Thankful Thursday's that you see.  It's a lot more.

A lot more chaos.  A lot more drama.  A lot more laughter.  A lot more tears.  A lot more hardship.  A lot more love.  A lot more busy.  A lot more boring.

The past 2 nights we kept Asher's door open overnight to let the air in the house circulate to cool his room down.  His door is normally shut.  In the morning he has ran into my room, climbed up on the bed with me, and cuddled, talked, and jumped as I woke up.  I love it, and don't, all at the same time.

I only have 3 weeks left of caring for Marek and Milah on Tuesday's and Thursday's before they move to the other side of the country.  I am sad about this.  I haven't talked much to Asher about it yet, but I know I need to start that conversation soon.

My dad is not doing well, cancer wise.  This sucks and scares me.

Being married is just plain hard sometimes.  It doesn't seem like this for everyone.  Is it?  Everyday I have to choose to respond out of love, even when I don't want to.  Somedays this is easy to do and somedays it is not. 

I need a haircut.

We are going to see the new Cars 2 movie in theatre on Saturday.  I can't wait to do this with Asher.  It'll be his first time.

I miss my friends.  Those that are close that I don't get to see as often as I'd like, and those that are far that I definitely don't get to see as often as I'd like.

My mom is great.  Really, really great.

I started taking a yoga class.  My instructor is a middle aged lady with a cute British accent.  I like listening to her.

We moved the toy room upstairs on the main level and the adult furniture and book shelves downstairs in the basement.  I am really happy about this decision.

Asher is having bowel issues and is now on a daily stool softener.

I need to start exercising more regularly.

We are renting a camping trailer for one week in August at a camp ground near a beach.  I can't wait for this.

I am taking a university course this summer.  I'm nervous about the workload.


I guess that's everything I wanted to say... thanks for listening!

5 comments:

erin said...

So much to comment on....glad you put this all out there friend.
-First of all I bet your friends from far away miss you too :)
-sorry about your dad....totally sucky! I meant to ask you about this when we chatted the other night...
-being married is hard for everyone, you aren't alone in that
-yeah Yoga! I used to love my Yoga class I hope you do as well.
-ohhh a course? You can do it and I'd offer to edit but we all know how that would go :)
I GET TO SEE YOU SOON!!!!!

Rachel said...

Asher is going to miss Marek! Marriage is hard, you aren't the only one who thinks so.
I hope your time on the beach is relaxing for you!

E said...

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. {{{HUGS}}} And I think for most everyone, marriage is hard. Ours isn't... but I honestly think that is because of all the other crap God makes us keep going through, we honestly need each other to get through each day since we got married, but it's still a lot of work, a lot of picking battles, accepting some things that will never change, and working like made on the things that can. Showing love when things aren't done the way I want, or I'm just right down cranky. I think the serenity prayer sums it up. :) I heard a pastor say once that EVERY single marriage should be in counselling at some point or another. I'm starting to think he's right. You're talking about asking two totally different people to live together, and deal constantly with each other's junk, personalities, and so on. It's like two toddlers, they love each other, they don't always get along, they don't always want to share, they sometimes just want to be left alone, and somtimes they just want to steal your favorite toy or dessert . ;)

I hope you have fun at the cars movie, I can't wait to see it myself!

Jenn said...

Thanks for the update, Mandi. I enjoyed reading about your thoughts that I don't always get to talk to you about with toddlers running around! Praying for your dad- can't imagine how difficult this must be. Oh, and marriage...yup!

Nikki said...

I'm so sorry about your dad. I'll be praying!

What course are you taking??